Changing schools is a big upheaval for any child. At Lacey Gardens we work hard to make it as easy and stress-free as possible.
For the Infants from Eastfield School
- An open afternoon for new parents to look round the school, and meet their child`s new teacher.
- A ‘potted sports’ is arranged for the Year 2 and 3 children, with activities on our school field.
- Year 2 children spend time with their Year 3 teacher in their new classroom.
- Children share lunchtimes.
- Shared assessment activities take place.
- In order to familiarize year 2 with Lacey Gardens School, a passport and treasure hunt takes place.
For Mid-Term Entrants
We will take the following action when children join us during term time:
- Meet with parents
- Receive a common transfer form from the previous school
- Establish an academic base line
- Integrate the child with frequent meetings with staff involved
- Feedback to parents sensitively
- Provide children with a ‘Buddy’
- We welcome all newcomers to our school with equal care and warmth.
For Year 6
The school has strong links with Louth's three secondary schools. Teachers from all three schools come into school to talk to the Year 6 pupils. An entrance exam has to be taken for admission to King Edward VI Grammar School. We welcome 6th Formers who wish to spend time with us, either on work shadow or work experience schemes.
It is our hope that we can give our children a warm and secure start to their lives with us. It is also our hope that when they come to leave us in Year Six, we make the transition as smooth as possible.
Induction programme for Year Six
Children visit secondary schools for 3 days
Teachers from each of the schools give talks about the opportunities offered
Some of our staff visit and teach in the secondary schools and vice-versa
Year 6 children discuss concerns / worries about the move, and the information is shared with the Secondary schools.
Extra induction is offered to those who require more support.